You know having an optimistic attitude is good for you, but sometimes it’s hard to put that belief into action. It’s easy to be negative and pessimistic, especially when your bank account is nearly empty or your boss is angry at you about a project you’re working on that’s having issues.
This is when you need to change your focus using the power of questions. You see, you can use the power of questions to control your attitude no matter what is going on around you.
The right questions can steer your mind to look for the positive and find solutions. By creating an optimistic focus, you can create the life you desire.
Here are a few questions you can ask yourself every morning and evening to give you’re the optimistic attitude you desire:
To Create an Optimistic Attitude Ask Yourself these 5 Questions Every Morning
1. What am I grateful for in my life right now? (if your mind says “nothing”, ask, “what could I be grateful for?”) Why does that make me feel grateful?
2. What is exciting in my life right now? (if your mind says “nothing”, ask, “what could I be excited about?”) Why does that make me feel excited?”
3. What is most the enjoyable aspect of my life right now? (if your mind says “nothing”, ask, “what could be enjoyable?”) What about that is so enjoyable?
4. What am I happy about in my life right now? (if your mind says “nothing”, ask, “what could I be happy about?”) What about that makes me so happy?
5. Who do I love? Who loves me? How does that make me feel? (okay that’s three questions in one but they are great questions!)
Ask Yourself these 3 Questions Every Evening
1. How have I contributed to the world today?
2. What lessons did I learn today and how can I use them in the future?
3. If I could do one thing better tomorrow, what would it be?
You Can Have an Optimistic Attitude Today!
Changing your attitude can be easy if you decide to follow this path. Make a habit of asking yourself these questions and soon you’ll focusing on the positive aspects of your life. Use these questions to enhance your optimism and take your success to the next level.
About the author:
Wil Dieck is a writer, speaker, researcher, college professor and master martial arts instructor. He studies and teaches people from all walks of life how to use simple psychological techniques to develop high performance habits.
Wil’s most recent works includes the highly ranked Amazon Kindle book, Secrets of the Black Belt Mindset, Turing Simple Habits into Extraordinary Success and Modern Mindfulness, A Beginners Guide on How to Find Peace and Happiness in a Busy World.
In addition to his work as a researcher, writer, and speaker, Wil is a professor of psychology and business at San Diego University of Integrated Studies.
Wil runs a peak performance coaching practice in San Diego, California. Additionally, he regularly works with people who are suffering from stress and anxiety using meditation, hypnotherapy and NLP.